Harley-Davidson Stokes Sturgis Tradition at 2012 Rally
July 19, 2012
Filed under Latest News
Harley-Davidson riders and motorcycle enthusiasts will revel in one of America’s most unique and exciting cultural events at the 72nd Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota’s legendary Black Hills region.
The Harley-Davidson Road Tour will run from August 4-11 at the intersection of 3rd and Lazelle streets in downtown Sturgis. All Harley-Davidson activities in Sturgis are free of charge and include the following:
· 2012 Harley-Davidson motorcycles, H-D1 customization and MotorClothes riding gear and apparel
· Harley-Davidson Custom Ride-In Show, Friday, August 10
· Harley-Davidson Insurance Parts Challenge, photo booth, Roof Top Deck and sweepstakes
· Muscular Dystrophy Association pin sales and Custom Motorcycle Raffle
· Free Bike Wash
· Willie G. Commemorative Merchandise
· AMD World Championship of Custom Bike Building, August 4-8
· Women’s Area including the JUMPSTART rider experience, bike lift and more
Harley-Davidson demo rides for 2012 motorcycles will be available in Sturgis at Hersrud’s Chevrolet Dealership near Interstate 90 at Exit 30 from August 4-11. Riders can enjoy as many bikes as they want, but must have a valid motorcycle license and adhere to riding gear requirements and safety rules. There will also be a 2012 Harley-Davidson motorcycle display at this location, including a Fit Shop display for motorcycle customization.
For a complete listing of Harley-Davidson events at the 2012 Sturgis Rally, please visit www.harley-davidson.com/sturgis.
There will be a pin stop and merchandise sales for Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.) members at the Harley-Davidson Lazelle Street location. There will also be a special event for H.O.G. members only at the Buffalo Chip, Wednesday, August 8 with an Eric Church concert, dinner and parking, More information is available at www.members.hog.com.