3rd Annual Vintage Motorcycle Festival ‘The MEET’ on Saturday, August 23
Rider Magazine Staff
August 18, 2014
Filed under Latest News
America’s Car Museum (ACM) in Tacoma, Washington, will host its 3rd annual Vintage Motorcycle Festival, “The MEET at ACM” on Saturday, August 23, 2014. Held on ACM’s Haub Family Field, The MEET is expected to attract 450 vintage motorcycles and scooters from owners across the nation. Come meet Rider contributor Clement Salvadori, who will be judging the vintage bike concours. This event will feature:
- Pre-1981 motorcycles, including BMW, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Indian, Lambretta, Moto Guzzi, Norton, Royal Enfield, Triumph, Vespa and Vincent
- Judged classes with an awards ceremony * Used Bike Corral and Swap Meet
- Vendors offering apparel, bike accessories and restoration services
- Motorcycle brands offering new motorcycles for test rides
- Observed Trials demonstration (motorcycle balance and control through varied terrain) by the Puget Sound Trialers Club*
- Precision group formation demonstrations by the Tenino Motorcycle Frill Team
The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. with an awards ceremony at 3:30 p.m. Tickets are $20 for all-day Saturday admission with unlimited motorcycle entries. For more information, visit vintagemotorcyclefestival.com.
The Festival continues on Sunday, August 24, with a 70-mile, 3-hour scenic ride— for vintage and modern motorcycles and scooters—that begins at ACM Sunday at 9 a.m. (Registration opens at 8 a.m.) and finishes back at the Museum with a barbecue lunch. Cost for participants is $15.